Set in beautiful walled gardens on the Hampshire/Dorset border, Aspire offers a wide variety of meaningful day activities for adults with learning disabilities.
Get active and feel good at Aspire
We are dedicated to supporting people to lead healthier lifestyles by offering a wide range of daily physical activities to suit all levels of fitness.
On a weekly basis we offer a wide range of fitness and social activities on and off site, including walking, swimming, yoga, gym sessions, go –karting, Zumba, lawn sports, meditation and relaxation. We are constantly looking into new, enjoyable ways of keeping fit and healthy that benefit people in a holistic way, improving overall well–being and independence levels.
Many of the people accessing our services benefit from activities that improve and maintain good mental well-being. Therapeutic activities are known to support people’s concentration, fine motor skills whilst having an overall calming outcome.
We have a large, dedicated pottery room with views over the gardens and own private courtyard where people are supported to produce individual, group and collaborative works of art. People can expect to be supported by an experienced tutor to use a range of mediums and techniques and help them to put their ideas into practice.
People we support can expect
Access to supported sessions in our
- Woodwork shop
- Craft room
- Dance & Drama studio
- Life Skills sessions
- Gardening and horticultural skills in the extensive garden
- Pottery studio
Skills – Experience – Education
- Horticultural skills in cottage garden fruit and vegetables
- Ornamental planting from seeds and cuttings
- Increasing fitness levels that benefit peoples emotional and mental well-being
- Therapeutic benefits of artistic activities
- Increased self-esteem from learning new skills and producing quality items
- Forming and maintaining friendships and relationships