GiftedThe purpose of this initiative is to give people the opportunity to learn the new skills and gain work experience in retail, hospitality, horticulture and customer care in the heart of the local community.
The shop provides a valuable community service to local residents who have formed positive relationships with the people we support.
Many of the items in the shop have been produced by the people we support at our main sites in Ringwood and Southbourne including bespoke pottery, gifts, mosaic work and decorations. 90% of all plants at Gifted have been grown in-house by people accessing our services.
To enhance this further we have opened a small café to encourage further interaction with the community and to facilitate the hospitality aspect of our service.
People we support can expect
- Meaningful occupation in a supportive environment
- Build positive relationships and enhance social skills
- Increase confidence and independence
- Person centred support from qualified and experienced supervisors
- Gain a range of new skills and experiences that can be transferred to future employment opportunities
Skills – Experience – Education
- Plant knowledge, propagation and care
- Transferable skills including money handling, stock control and customer service
- Therapeutic horticultural sessions that can benefit mental health, physical health and wellbeing
- Participating in community based projects and events
- Accredited Asdan centre with a wide variety of modules available
- Experience in hospitality in our on-site café
- Supported woodworking projects