Dragon Boat Challenge 2024
Do you have what it takes to be Dragon Boat Champions 2024?
If so, join us for some fun on Saturday 8th June from 10am – 4pm at Poole Park and help make a difference to the lives of adults with learning disabilities at the Stable Family Home Trust.
Share the experience with your colleagues & friends and race against other companies and competitors. Whether you are looking for a team-building exercise, a networking opportunity, to push your competitive limits or just a fun day out, this is how you can achieve it whilst raising money for a great cause.
No experience is required and all you have to do is turn up, as Dragon Boat Events do the rest for you. Maximum numbers per boat is 17 people – 16 paddlers and 1 drummer per boat, or a minimum of 12 paddlers and 1 drummer per boat. The maximum number you can have per team is 20 people which includes 3 reserves. Each team will have a minimum of 3 heats throughout the day and then a grand FINAL for the top fastest qualifying teams with a trophy and medals for the winners and runner ups.
Registration cost is £400 per boat and we ask every team who has entered to raise some money for the charity. You can do so by setting up your own fundraising page or just make a one off donation.
Details of event
Date: Saturday 8th June
Venue: Poole Park, Dorset
Time: 10am – 4pm
To Register: Fill in our registration form to secure your boat in the race (limited spaces available). An automated email will be sent to you confirming your booking. Once you have entered all your details on our registration form, you can pay online by any major credit card or we can send you an invoice and pay by BACS. Just email email@example.com for full details.
What you can expect on the day
- Registration is 10am and races start 10.30am. You will be given an allocated registration time before the event for time efficiency.
- Each team is allocated with their own 3 x 3 plot where your team will be based. You can bring your own branded gazebo, tent, pop up banners and decorate your plot as you wish. If you want to make the day more fun you can perhaps think of a fancy dress theme for your boat and dress up accordingly! Or you do have an option to purchase a sturdy erected gazebo on your pitch at a cost of £100.
- Each team will have a minimum of 3 rounds of racing. Before your first race each team will receive a comprehensive safety briefing with a highly trained DBE helm, going through the different paddle strokes and procedures. The fastest 4 teams will then race in the final at 3pm, the winner of which will receive an engraved glass trophy and first place gold medals and the teams in 2nd and 3rd place will receive silver and bronze medals respectively.
- Throughout the day – There is something for everyone and plenty going on in between races including food and drink on sale or you can bring your own picnic, professional commentary with PA system and music, adult challenges and plenty of kids activities including inflatable assault course, bouncy castle, football shoot out, children’s rides etc
- Spectators – Dragon boat racing is also a popular spectator sport, so bring along friends, family and colleagues to cheer on your team as watching the races is fun.
If you require any further information or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 07775 767862
Ticket Options -
Ticket Price -